Moving & Storage Tips
Our Goal is to make your moving and storage experience simple, easy and cost effective. To that end, we have compiled a list of helpful moving and storage tips to assist you. If you do not find the answer to your question, please call one of our moving and storage specialists now. They are standing by waiting to assist you.
- Purchase insurance on your stored goods. Do not assume your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy will cover your belongings while in storage. Ask your insurance agent for coverage or see our storage professional for a separate policy
- Do not share your security code, password, or personal information with anybody except those people you formally grant access to
- Utilize your space efficiently by making a plan
- If possible, leave an aisle in the center of your unit so you can access all your stored items easily.
- Seal with tape and label all boxes on all sides and keep a corresponding list
- Place more frequently needed items at or near the front of your unit(s)
- Place heavy boxes and items on the bottom and stack lighter items as you go up
- Cover valuable items with moving pads, sheets, blankets
- Do not store any hazardous, toxic or flammable liquids on our premises such as paint, oil, gasoline, pesticides, etc.
- Be careful when using printed newspaper as wrapping because the ink can smudge and stain your belongings
- Check your unit once a month
- Any items that can be easily disassembled will save you space
- Look for ways to nest items, pack items inside appliances, etc.
- Spray furniture with a good polish and cover with pads
- Do not store any food items – throw them out before moving
- Defrost refrigerators & freezers, dry them, and store with doors ajar for ventilation
- Wrap mattresses and box springs with plastic covers
- All tall or long items (couches, mattresses, etc) should be stored on end to conserve space
- At the basement level only where we have a slab, store all items slightly off the slab to allow for ventilation
- Pack books flat to protect their spines
- Store mirrors, paintings and similar items on end to prevent breakage
111 SE Belmont St
Portland, OR 97214
Mon - Sat (8AM - 6PM)
Sunday (10AM - 6PM)